Meredith is a Partner and Head of the Employment Law at Thomas Mansfield Solicitors.
Meredith focuses on the more complex end of the legal spectrum, including high value discrimination and whistleblowing claims and advice for senior employees and businesses on all employment law related matters.
He advises major PLCs, SMEs and executives in the City, particularly in financial services, accounting and banking sectors as well as transport, logistics, manufacturing, technology and telecoms industries.
Meredith is renowned for his insightful grasp of legal issues, and is an experienced employment tribunal advocate.
Meredith qualified as a lawyer in 2001 and has a broad base of client experience gained with national and international law firms.
Areas of expertise include:
- Drafting and advising on the application of dismissal, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising on the legal aspects of conduct and performance dismissals
- Transfer of undertakings and employment law aspects of business sales
- Advising on best practice to avoid employment tribunal claims
- Collective consultation and redundancy
- Advising on all aspects of discrimination law
- Disputes concerning worker and employment status
- Variation of contract
- Advising on unfair dismissal claims
- Pay and bonus disputes
- Discrimination claims
- Contractual disputes
- Executive and director level terminations and negotiations
- Settlement agreements
- Advising on contracts and restrictive covenants
- Advising on a large pension fund dispute for the director a major bank;
- Negotiating the exit package for the director of a premiership football club;
- Advising a national transport company on the employment status of its drivers;
- Advising a major PLC on the employment aspects of a business acquisition;
- Acting for a US based research company on the employment aspects of setting up a UK branch office;
- Reported case in the appellate tribunal: Jane Wess v Science Museum Group UKEAT/2014 considering implied terms and variation of contract.
“Impressed with speed of service and ease of explanation.”
“Meredith has always acted in a thorough and professional manner.”
“Meredith is one of the best solicitors that I have had the sincere pleasure to know. Truly excellent.”
“Meredith was a paragon of professionalism.”
“Meredith put everything into the case and was a great support.”
- The Law Society
- Employment Lawyers Association